First time? Start HERE!!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Note on How It's Going So Far

8 days of JSWA and the thing that's bothering me the most is that we're not getting these things done in the short amount of time I envisioned. Mostly because we spend some creative time searching for ideas and some time gathering materials.

I guess I could be more organized and have everything planned ahead. But I'd rather let the creativity flow from the very start--in the deciding and the seeking out ideas and figuring out how to do what we want to do.

So, instead of 15 or 20 minutes, it's taking us an hour. Sometimes less, sometimes more.

And I've decided that's OK. I'm fine with that. She loves it. She actually looks forward to the start of school these days, though her excitement wanes (nay, plummets) when I suggest the maybe we should do some grammar or mathematics afterward. But I think I'm seeing some improvement in her study skills and reading because of the beginning brain-boost.

Worth it? Absolutely.

No comments: