First time? Start HERE!!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 32: Macro Photography

Last summer I was helping my mother clean some stuff out of her house when I came across about 4 years worth of the old National Geographic World magazine that I received when I was a kid about her age.

In about a third of those magazines they had a macro photography guessing game--nine photographs of some common item taken VERY close.

So today Maren played around with the macro setting on my little digital camera.

Unfortunately, the macro only worked at about 4 inches from the subject. Fortunately, my little camera has a feature in which you can zoom in on a smaller portion of the picture to create exactly the effect Maren was after.

She found out that focus was absolutely crucial to being able to have a chance at guessing what the object was. She also found out that she could play around with photographs that had already been taken, finding items to zoom in on and put in her guessing game.

So, here they are. I'll reveal the answers in my next post!









2 comments:

Shelly and Ben said...

I'm pretty sure I know what 3 of them are. The rest I could guess at. Here are the ones I'm fairly certain of. #1 is a zucchini, maybe a cucumber.
#2 is a drum.
The last one is Darin's face.

Suzanne Vincent said...

;-)

You should totally know what the next ot last one is!! It has to do with marching band. Yes, #1 is a zucchini. #2 is a timpani. Number 3 is one of th e most common substances on earth. Number 4 should be easy, too. You have it. Trent doesn't have much of it. Number 5 is related to number 1. Number 6 is actually two things found in many kitchens. Number 7 and 8 are food.